■About us Xinyitong Translation
What is " localization?"
As it is most commonly used, localization refers to revising an original product before you can properly market it in another country.
What's the difference between "translation" and localization?"
Translation is a subset of localization. Translation involves converting source text from one language to another. However, when the text is translated, many other changes must be made to the product. These changes encompass both technical and cultural issues.
Technical issues involved in software localization:
Cultural issues involved in avoiding being inappropriate or offensive
What is "globalization?"
As it is most commonly used, globalization refers to the entire process of entering the international market.
What is "internationalization?"
As it is most commonly used, internationalization refers to anything that involves writing or altering the source code of a Original product so that you can properly market it in another country.
- double-byte enabling
Internationalization is sometimes referred to as "product enabling."
How can you reduce the costs of globalization?
- Train internal employees to be aware of international issues.
What are the key factors involved with successful globalization?
What are the top ten most common problems encountered during globalization?
The following list includes the most costly and timXINYITONGonsuming issues most IT companies encounter as they globalize their products. Since each company and product is different, the list should be not viewed as being in any particular order.
You might need to consult an expert to help you determine which of these areas will apply most to your particular situation.
1. Improper enabling or "internationalization" of the product prior to localization. This includes software UI, helps, documentation, and marketing materials.
2. Inefficient balance between headcount, expenses, time-to-market, and quality of product.
3. Lack of internal and external cost tracking.
4. Underestimating the amount of time involved with project management of international projects.
5. Improper allocation of internal resources among product groups.
6. Choosing a localization vendor solely on the basis of price.
7. Not supporting your localization vendor well enough to enable them to execute to your satisfaction.
8. Underestimating the investment of time and money in non-translation tasks (i.e., testing, resizing, compiling, formatting, etc.)
What services can XINYITONG provide for your localization project?
Cost-effective, on time, and high quality:
1. software translation (UI, help, documentation, picture, packaging, marketing material, user's guide, cultural issues, and more)
2. software engineering (compiling, resizing, reformatting, recreating icons, creating new graphics)
3. DTP (screen shot, reformatting, recreating picture, text layout, cultural issues, changing contact information, product warranty)
4. software testing ( UI testing and modification, software integration function testing, DBCS related testing, hardware compatible testing, beta version testing)
5. software localization project schedule (estimating of resources required, project analysis, estimating of time and milestones to be respected, project budget)
What you can expect from XINYITONG?
Before a project begins, time is spent on analyzing the scope of the work to be done and preparing the launch. This entails breaking down the structure of the workload in order to detail the tasks to be performed, the resources required and the milestones to be respected. The activities to be performed are classified according to our own project management system, which permits a meticulous follow-up of all tasks, processes, and the resources involved, with the aim of minimizing turnaround time. We know that time is crucial: the urgent need to launch a product onto the market as soon as possible is typical of the competitive market.
So all affairs related to a project are arranged well in advance, and all affairs will be confirmed with the project owner to ensure that all resources required are available for the project.
Our clients have never experienced disaster due to poor project management and inexperience!
Website Keywords: software localization, Chinese localization, Chinese translation, Chinese typesetting, English into Chinese, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, translation into Chinese